RMP

A Kickass Collection of Radical Media

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What is this?

The distribution of radical ideas is of central importance to the struggle for a better world. Humans are social creatures and any transformation of this society be it revolutionary change or reform necessitates communication amongst those who seek it. The big mediums of information exchange, television, radio, newspaper, have traditional been held almost exclusively in the hands of the ruling class. It was not an accident that these information resources push the ideological line when it is required of them. Where were the critical voices raising opposition to the initiation of the new American militarism? Where did people dare to question the orthodoxy of austerity? Where does one learn the truth anymore? The streets, the books, the activist meetings and organizations, and the internet. The internet changes things quite a bit. You can communicate with people that you never would have met around the world. It allows the easy sharing of information in video and audio forms, something not so possible before now. While there still are large discrepancys in access to the internet, and good face to face organizing is still very important, the internet is an essential tool for organizing.

The purpose of this blog is to help facilitate that a bit by amassing a collection of mostly video and audio activist resources that I think are helpful towards the cause of societal transformation. I will be posting stuff that I find interesting even if I don't entirely agree. I encourage the development of creative political expression in media forms like video and audio that radicals have had a hard time presenting to a larger audience in the past. What used to require a physical copy of a political film to pass around can now be shared with hundreds or thousands of people simultaneously. Now anyone can create a radio or video show to communicate their views to the world. I will be posting things here such as documentaries, films, news shows, songs, presentations, the occasional article and more. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment